Create your own list of positive affirmations by selecting from the affirmations below. Pick around 30 of your favorite affirmations and read them out loud once a day for twelve weeks.
Let us know how this exercise changed your perspective and behavior. Tell us in the Comments below.
Why create a list of positive affirmations?
Your mind is like a mirror - it simply reflects back what you tell it. When you recite positive affirmations everyday, your mind will begin to change and reflect those new statements. Give your mind instructions - tell it who you want to be - and it will begin to behave in the way you've instructed.
Tips for your list of positive affirmations
Tip #1: Present tense
Affirmations paint a picture of what you want. The statements don't have to be true now, but they need to be expressed in the present tense as if they are true. Think of affirmations as simple instructions for your mind to follow. You're giving your brain a picture of what you want so your brain can follow that picture.
Think about who you want to be. Then create positive statements around your vision.
Tip #2: Instructions using positive language
Affirmations should be expressed in the positive, for example "I am ....".
Affirmations should not be expressed in the negative such as "I am not ..."
Your brain understands sentences that tell it what to do.
Once you've repeated your affirmations everyday for 12 weeks, you may notice changed mood and less anxiety and depression. Let us know how it works for you!
List of positive affirmations:
- I am calm
- I am relaxed
- I am carefree
- I am easy going
- I smile a lot
- I am friendly
- I love to laugh
- I love to play and have fun
- I'm happy
- I love being with people and socializing
- I am safe - there is no threat
- There is no danger right now
- My breathing is light and easy
- I know how to balance being carefree and relaxed with being mature, responsible and respectful
- I respect people and all living things
- I accept who I am: Where I am in life and all of my background
- I make a difference with people and the world
- I am compassionate
- I am kind
- I am thoughtful
- I am considerate
- I am flexible
- I do nice things for others everyday
- I reach out to those with hardships through no fault of their own
- I feel fun, excitement and enjoyment when I'm socializing and talking with others
- I feel fun, excitement and enjoyment when I'm speaking to groups of people
- I'm confident
- I'm composed
- I'm poised
- I'm calm, cool and collected
- I'm comfortable with myself
- I'm natural
- I'm resilient
- I'm smart and intelligent
- I put things into perspective and I don't take things too seriously
- I'm the same as other people - Overall I'm not better or worse
- I'm independent of the good or bad opinion of others
- I listen to others and focus on what they're saying
- I seek to understand the other person, then I seek to be understood
You may also want to record an audio of your own affirmations and listen once a day or more. You may want to keep your affirmations on your phone and at your fingertips.